Key Influences on Packaging Demands
The progression of packaging demands are influenced by a variety of factors, including year to year demands on the packaging industry, and long-term influences. While the economy plays a major role in influencing the size and growth of the packaging industry market, there are a number of other factors that can be seen as having a direct or indirect influence on packaging demands.
Packaging demands often affect every aspect of the industry, including packaging design. Here are some key components that greatly shake the packaging industry:
• The ageing of the world population
• The trend towards smaller households
• The increasing requirement for convenience among consumers
• Rising health awareness among consumers and packaging design
• The trend towards ‘on-the-go’ lifestyles among increasingly time-poor consumers
• Growing requirements for brand enhancement as it pertains to packaging design / differentiation in an increasingly competitive environment
• New packaging material development
• The move towards smaller pack sizes as the incidence of families eating together at the dinner table become less common
• Increasing awareness of environmental issues, and the adoption of new regulatory requirements on recyclable packaging design
Out of all these impacts, health awareness was regarded as the single most important aspects to grow in both the packaging industry and in packaging design. The ageing of the populations throughout the world was considered the least important influence on the packaging industry market, although even in this case, more than half of all respondents considered this to be important to some degree.
Allen Field Inc. is a leading contributor to the packaging industry. Through our innovative packaging design, we are able to rise to the challenge of an ever-changing market. We can help your product meet and exceed today’s packaging demands. For more information on our ground-breaking packaging design, contact us today at 1-877-959-3591.